The Church of Scotland Logo

Alyth Parish Church

Updated 28th December 2015
Launched 1st November 2005

The Manse Sketch of Alyth Parish Church
The Manse

The fine Victorian Manse in Cambridge Street, Alyth was built in 1876 for the United Presbyterian Church. The minister at the time was the Revd John Dunlop, followed by the Revd John Hutton (1892). In 1899 the U.P. Church became the United Free Church South with a new minister, the Revd John Keddie Graham, followed in 1908 by the Revd James Holburn.

The Manse sign on Cambridge Street
The Manse garden

The U.F. Church later changed its name again to Alyth Barony Church, and between 1927 and 1976, the Revd Donald Ross, the Revd Tom Torrance, later the Very Revd Professor TF Torrance (1940), the Revd Graham Hardy (1948) and the Revd David Anderson (1954) would have lived at the Cambridge Street Manse.
   In 1976, the Revd J. Sibbald Clark of Alyth Parish Church retired, as did the Revd David Anderson of Alyth Barony Church, and a union of the two churches took place.
In 1977, the Revd Hector McMillan was the first minister of Alyth Parish Church to reside here, followed by the Revd Gordon Oliver (1985), the Revd Neil Gardner (1998), the Revd Sheila Kirk (2007), and currently the Revd Michael Erskine (2012).